August 16, 2010

Best Quotes On Sachin

I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!
 Sir Don Bradman

India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing.
 Sunil Gavaskar

He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling.
Richie Benaud

Sachin is cricket's God!
 Barry Richards

Harder he works, the luckier he gets.
 Ian Chappell

Technically, you can't fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow nothing is a problem.
 Geoffrey Boycott

He is Sachin Tendulkar. I hope he stays Sachin Tendulkar. We need a new player, a player in his own way. He has a technique which is the hallmark of a great player. Everything indicates that he will be a great player and I am sure he will prove me right. Reminds me of Barry Richards.
Eddie Barlow

He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease.
 Greg Chappell

I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

Sachin Tendulkar is, in my time, the best player without doubt - daylight second, Brian Lara third.

With Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara, it was better to be friends and make them smile rather than wind them up
 Shane Warne

I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect.
 Viv Richards 

Today, he showed the world why he is considered the best batsman around. Some of the shots he played were simply amazing. Earlier, opposing teams used to feel that Sachin's dismissal meant they could win the game. Today, I feel that the Indian players, too, feel this way.
 Wasim Akram

Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives.
 BBC Sports

I Was fielding in the covers Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was at his peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very first ball in Test cricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captain Imran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agree with me.
 Abdul Qadir

I have watched a lot of Tendulkar and we have spoken to each other a lot. He has it in him to be among the very best.
Sir Garfield Sobers

Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours.
 Michael Kasprowicz
If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard.
 Dennis Lillee

I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.
 Glenn McGrath

What we (Zimbabwe) need is 10 Tendulkars.
 Paul Strang

Sometime back I had written a piece that said that Sachin's the master and Lara a genius with his head high up somewhere. That's it!
 Peter Roebuck

Sachin is an attacker. He has much more power than Sunny. He wants to be the one to set the pace. He has to be on top. That's the buzz about him.
 Jeff Thompson

Tendulkar is the most complete batsman I have stood behind. I saw the hundred in Perth on a bouncy pitch with Hughes, McDermott and Whitney gunning for him he only had 60-odd when No 11 came in. I've seen him against Warne too.
Ian Healy

Sachin's the best. I've had this view since I saw him score that hundred in Sydney in 1992. He's the most composed batsman I've ever seen.
 Mike Coward

The pressure on me is nothing as compared to Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin, like God, must never fail. The crowd always expects him to succeed and it is too much pressure on him
Mark Waugh

Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.
 Brain Lara

His life seems to be a stillness in a frantic world... [When he goes out to bat], it is beyond chaos - it is a frantic appeal by a nation to one man. The people see him as a God...
 Mathew Hayden

It was one of the greatest innings I have ever seen. There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don.
Steve Waugh

You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick.


If you get Dravid, great. If you get Sachin, brilliant. If you get Laxman, it's a miracle.
Brett Lee

Sachin Paaji..I remember ad where that little kid is playing with the car and his father tells him: Oy chote bas kar yaar" and the kid replies... Papa ki Kara petrol katamm hi nahin honda" -  
Yuvraj Singh after Sachin's 200* vs RSA


I was fielding in the covers, Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was at his peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very first ball in Test cricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captain Imran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agreed with me.
Abdul Qadir
 
I never get tired during umpiring whenever sachin is on crease.
Rudy Kortzen

Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has
many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the
world.
Allan Donald

I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets!
Anil Kumble 

To me he will not just be remembered as a great player and a lovely human being, but as somebody who tried to learn Bengali for the last 14 years but never managed to do so!
Sourav Ganguly




No comments:

Post a Comment